THERMAL LASER SEPARATION FOR FAST HIGH QUALITY SILICON CARBIDE DICING
- Assessment of an innovative dicing technology able to fulfill the requirements of SiC volume production
Advances Proposed in SP14
- Assessment of the kerf free dicing technology for Silicon Carbide product wafers with regard on throughput, reliability, edge quality and electrical characteristics of separated chips and handling issues.
- Increased feed rate up to a factor of 100 compared to state of the art dicing technology.
- Very high edge quality – no chipping, smooth side walls and no delamination of backside metal – promises good electrical characteristic and good long-term stability of separated chips.
- High throughput and no tool wear results in a significantly reduction of process costs compared with state of the art dicing technology.
- TLS4SiC will be an enabler for SiC volume production by providing a separation technology allowing for high quality results with high throughput far beyond state-of-the-art.