Sustainable Research and Development
RAPID ELECTRICAL FIELD DRIVEN PROCESSING OF GATE DIELECTRICS ON SILICON CARBIDE
- Assessement of new equipment for efficient, rapid electrical field driven oxidation resp. nitridation for growing a gate dielectric on SiC at reduced temperatures (<1000°C) and time
- Evaluation of oxides grown on blanket SiC wafers and SiC test devices for implementation in the production of SiC MOS capacitors and MOSFETs as key emerging devices.
Advances Proposed in SP13
- Proposed concept uses a new electron charge driven method for enhanced oxidation rate of SiC without oxide damage.
- Process has been demonstrated on Si wafers and SiC samples before
- Remarkable reduction of oxidation temperature and thermal budget